Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tiles in Salt Lake

Tiles with the same message and side image as this one in Salt Lake have been found in several other states as well.
     Most recently, I found an article talking about House of Hades tiles in Salt Lake City, Utah.  If you visit the article, there's also a news video talking about the Toynbee Tiles.  However, the news journalists are wrong in several respects: first off, the tiles are not "painted" onto the streets, and the original tiles and the copy-cats in Salt Lake are not the same. (Pfft, silly journalists.  No wonder the tiler hates them so much).  At any rate, it was the first mention I'd heard of any tiles in Salt Lake, so I encourage my Utah readers to keep their eyes peeled, and let me know of any other tiles that you might come across.

No comments:

Post a Comment